Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Garage Sale





For some time, I knew I needed to have a garage sale, but I wasn’t home to do it.  Now my opportunity has presented itself.  This weekend, I am planning my garage sale!  Yay!  I am embarrassed to see how much stuff I have kept for who knows what reason!  I am, against conventional old wives’ tales, getting rid of almost all my baby items – crib, swing, shoes, clothes – you name it – I probably have it!  In addition to all of that, I have a lot of extra scrapbook and crafting items that are going to make their appearance. 

The weather this weekend is supposed to be perfect, but even if it isn’t, the garage will keep everything nice and dry.  My girls are going to bake some cookies to sell, in hopes of earning some Christmas funds.  It should be pretty exciting.  Most of the things are already organized and set up, but I have some more sorting to do in the coming days.  Ruthless – that’s what I am.  everything goes…  I also have some great plans for my advertising around town. 

I really do not relish the thought of sitting in my garage all weekend, but it beats moving all that stuff whenever we sell the house!   This may be my last post this week, due to the imminence of my garage sale.  I may get some pics of all my junk posted, so you can see what you are missing this weekend! :)

4 comments:

  1. Sarah - good luck with the garage sale. I saw a pattern online for a doll dress and thought of you. The direct link to the pattern is here http://barij.typepad.com/files/tinyheirloom.pdf and the article about the one who provided it is here http://www.welovefrenchknots.com/2011/10/an-embroidery-story-from-carla-crim-scientific-seamstress-today-we-have-another-extra-special-treat-carla-from-scientific.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+welovefrenchknots+%28welovefrenchknots%29

    I love the ideas in that post, and would make some dresses, but all my little ones are boys. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judi. I will check out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how did your yard sale go? I was hoping to see a pic of all the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It didn't go so well - due to an advertising mix-up with the paper. I was thinking about doing it again this weekend, but I don't know if it will be a good idea. The weather is supposed to be cold and rainy. I also have to pick Paul up from the airport on Sat morning, so having a sale doesn't fit in my schedule. I took pictures of all the stuff. Most of it is still in the garage.

    ReplyDelete