This weekend, my husband and I will celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary—separately! No, we aren’t fighting, and we don’t need marriage counseling (at least I don’t). It just happened to work out that way this year. So while I am sweating it out with the four children in Mississippi, Paul will be sweating it out in El Paso! :)
So many things have happened in these twelve years, and most of them good. I will recount some of these for you here.
- 12 years of wedded bliss (the honeymoon doesn’t have to end)!
- 4 sweet children that live with us
- 1 precious baby who lives with Jesus
- 2 RVs
- 4 states of residence—WV, NC, IN, MS
- 1 mission house
- 1 rented mobile home
- 1 cute little house (which, by the way, we are hoping to finish the paperwork and complete the closing next week, HOORAY! That means we can purchase a house in the area where we now live!)
- 1 Dodge Ram 3500
- 2 years of part-time evangelism (while teaching at ABC)
- 10 years of full-time evangelism
- 300,000+ miles traveled in meetings
- 16,000+ pictures
- Hundreds of sermons—I don’t think I can even figure out how many! :)
- Hundreds of friends all over the world
- 2 mission trips
- Dozens of adventures
- Countless everyday blessings
- 1 thoughtful and funny husband
- 1 extremely happy wife
Like I said, just a sample of the good things… I thank the Lord for the husband he has given me, and for the wonderful life we have had together so far. I am looking forward to the next 68 years! :)
Happy anniversary, Sweetheart! I love you and I am so glad to be your wife!