Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Down for the Count

Have you ever noticed how many things happen in a day? In a week?  I started counting the number of things that went on in our house just last week and I was amazed at all the different numbers.  Here is just a small sample of my number crunching.

4 –- number of stores at which I stopped to ask for packing boxes - nobody around here saves their boxes
66 - – boxes retrieved out of the McDonald’s dumpster in full view of the drive thru at lunch time
5 -– rolls of tape to put the boxes back together
6 –- pieces of toast that one of my children ate for breakfast
4 –- working burners, thanks to my Mr. Fix-it hubby
20 –- coupon inserts that I paid my daughters to cut out for me
9 –- garage sale signs
42 -– cupcakes baked and decorated for the garage sale
4 –- very helpful children
17 –- number of times Daniel asked for a cupcake
17- – number of times I told him “no”
11 -– loads of laundry done
12 –- hours sitting at the garage sale
See what I mean?  And I didn’t even count the seven dark chocolate M&M’s that I ate while writing this post! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    I have to say something about McDonald's boxes. They are wonderful! We packed stuff in them 9 1/2 years ago when we moved to Ukraine and guess what? We still have them even after 3 more moves. When all the others disintegrated, McDonald's fry boxes are still helping us move! :) So it is well worth the effort or embarrassment to get them!

    ReplyDelete