Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Check!

I am going to admit it – I don’t particularly enjoy home-schooling {gasp}!  I know that sounds like a terrible thing to say, and that some of you probably love teaching, grading, and doing lesson plans day in and day out, but it is the truth!  I do it because it has to be done, just like the laundry, the cleaning and the dishes.  To be honest, I would rather mow the lawn than teach school… but here I am, in the sixth year of what looks like a 20+ year career of home-schooling.  Sigh.  It really isn’t all that bad, but I do hate grading with a passion.  Especially when I get behind, like I am right now.  There is something about having a yard sale, missions conference, and fall cleaning all at the same time that shoves those “unimportant things” like grading to the back burner.  Now I am paying for my unintentional procrastination with a pile of papers going back three weeks. Whaaaaah!   Okay – the pity party is over.  At least in public! :) 
IMG_3256
I have company coming this week, and I am desperately trying to catch up on everything.  Hopefully, they learned everything perfectly, and there won’t be any corrections to make!  HA!  I needed a good laugh!  Anyway, it’s time to check, check, check!

No comments:

Post a Comment