Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pack ‘Em Up…

Move ‘em out!  My days are now consumed, along with all the normal activites of a stay-at-home, home-schooling mother, with packing.  Yes – you read that right!  We have accepted an offer on our house, and will be leaving the perma-frost of Indiana for the balmy breezes of Southaven, MS on December 20th of this year.  Just about four weeks from now.  What ever possessed us to move the week of Christmas, I will never know, but that is how it worked out.  I am already mourning the decorations I won’t be able to put up in our house – some of them will be up in the RV, but not too many, lest I clog up what little living space we have with trees and garlands.  :(  Truly a bummer – I love decorating for Christmas! 

We will not be moving into a new house immediately, so most of our belongings will end up in storage for a few months, it looks like.  We are praying that the Lord will open up the perfect place for our family.  In the meantime, I have to pack up all the junk we have collected over the past few years and put it in some kind of order.  The logistics of this move are a nightmare, so pray for us! 

IMG_3371

I just finished packing up the last of the books – well, except for the kids’ books, which are in everyday use.  All told, there are about 35 boxes of books alone.  That does not include any of our school books, which are stored in the garage and the current year’s school curriculum.  The only drawback to having your own library is moving it! :)  All the pictures are down, knick-knacks are wrapped in paper and gently placed in boxes marked fragile, and the extra sheets and towels are also boxed.  I left the clocks up, so we would have some idea of what time it is, but my living room is so bare and spartan.  I makes me want to cry!  :)

Well, pray for us as we prepare to move and be a part of a new ministry.  I will keep you updated on the move and its particulars.  Stay in touch!

1 comment:

  1. Finally got a chance to catch up on your blog and wow, so excited that you have finally sold your house!! Woo-hoo! I feel for you though...moving is SUCH a pain. (I've done it 24 times now!) And I seriously cannot believe how many books you have! And I thought we had a lot!! =) We will be praying that all goes smoothly for you. Keep us posted! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete