Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Coming Up in the World

IMG_3374Last week was my birthday, and instead of the usual subscription to my favorite scrapbooking magazine (which, by the way, is a great gift), my thoughtful husband bought me a new phone.  A smartphone.  I have come a long way up in the world of technology.  I can do all kinds of things while on my phone – shop the best deals, calculate how many calories I just ate, surf the web, etc.  What a very thoughtful gift!  So practical, too.  He knows how much time we spend on the road, and figured it would be something I would appreciate.  What a sweet husband he is!  The only flaw in the plan is that I had to change carriers in order to get the best deal.  I am no longer on Verizon, so I can only talk to my mother on nights and weekends…  Come to think of it, maybe that was part of his  plan!  :)   Thanks, Sweetheart!  As we used to say in the dorm, “Good gift!”  You scored some serious brownie points on this one!

3 comments:

  1. the htc evo 4g :) David has that phone. Our plan gives us free unlimited minutes to ANY cell phone (no matter what plan they are on - maybe check your plan.)

    we didn't even have a texting plan and "finally" upgraded to smart phones a few months ago. LOVE it. Surprised at the number of times I use to look up coupon deals, check sale prices, reseach a yardsale find to see if it is a good deal, etc. saves me all kinds of money! :)

    Enjoy and good job, Paul! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and look on Amazon for cases, screen protectors, etc. You can get all kinds of cute cases for $2-3 and free shipping - http://www.amazon.com/Rubberized-Flower-Design-Faceplate-Sprint/dp/B003VIJY0A/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1321918401&sr=8-6

    and can use your swagbucks to buy them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! i have the iphone and i honestly don't know what I would do without it sometimes! Soooo helpful!

    ReplyDelete