Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Did I Really?

I told you I had plans to go Black Friday shopping.  I had planned to leave early Friday morning and go all day, but my plans changed late Thursday evening. I ended up dragging my poor mother out at 9:15pm to start our adventure.  We hit Wal-mart, where it was wall-to-wall people.  There was some serious drama in the towels and sheets department from women who wanted to claim all the towels and sheets, despite the line of customers.  How exciting!  If there had been a fire, we would have all died, because we were so jammed in there.  Insane – that’s all I have to say about that.

IMG_3402
We also went to Kohl’s where there was a huge line(See above). We had to stand out in the freezing cold air for about 35 minutes.  The lines inside were almost as long, but we passed the time chatting with other customers.  After leaving there, we headed to Sears, Penney’s, and the mall stores, where we shopped until about 5:45am.  We headed back across the road to Menard’s and stood in line for another 30 minutes to get the much-coveted Cricut cartridges that were on sale.  Our last stop was Hobby Lobby, which, disappointingly enough, had no special sales.  I hope they do better next year…

I was able to get those last few items on my list, and now I am set for Christmas.  In fact, the sales were so good that I actually got more than I had planned!  (All those garage sale earnings came in handy!)
I will say that I was absolutely exhausted by the time I got home.  I pulled into the driveway, parked the truck, reclined the driver’s seat and fell asleep for about an hour before even taking my purchases in the house!  I am not sure that I am fully recovered yet, but at least I can function without falling asleep!  How was your BF?  Did you brave the teeming masses, or did you shop from the comfort of your living room?  Did you find any awesome deals?  What will you do differently next year?

1 comment:

  1. My Black Friday was fun! I left at 11 pm Thanksgiving night and returned home at 8 am the next morning. I went with my cousin since my MIL was out of town. We had a long line at Target (wrapped around the building) and the line to check out was even longer. we went to Wal-mart about 2 am and it was just normal before-Christmas crazy not BF crazy at all. :)

    it was a lot of fun! I probably bought less this year than in past years but I had a lot of shopping done already. It did take quite a few days to recover from missing a whole night of sleep - think I like the 5 am thing better. :)

    ReplyDelete