Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Birthday Boy

Yes – another birthday this week.  I am pleased to announce that it is not mine, though! :)  One is enough for me!  Today is Daniel’s 3rd birthday.  My baby is three!  Here are a few pictures of our little man. 

Nov 16 2008 009

This was taken just a few hours after he was born.  How precious it was to hold him at last! Nine months can seem like forever! :)
These pictures were of his first birthday.  Notice the smeared icing on his face…

Nov 16 2009 069Nov 16 2009 042

That smirky little grin just cracks me up!  It’s almost like he is saying, “Yeah – I know I’m cute – go ahead and take my picture!”
Here is birthday # 2.  He had the cake thing figured out, but the candle-blowing still escaped him.  Thankfully, I had enough breath to blow it out for him! :)

Nov 16 2010 003

This year was a small party with grandparents, Uncle Micah, and our family.  I made a train cake, since he loves trains, trucks, and all loud, moving things.  I got the Wilton cake pan from E-bay several months ago, and couldn’t wait to try it out.  There’s nothing more fun than a cute birthday cake!

IMG_3290 IMG_3289

Meet the Birthday Express!  I thought it turned out rather well for my first time trying anything so difficult.  It took me about three hours to decorate it, and my hand was killing me after squeezing the icing bag for so long.  It was worth the look on his face when he saw it, though.  Priceless!

IMG_3301
IMG_3304

Here we are – both of us are a year older this week.  Cherish every moment!

IMG_3313

This is my Daniel.  Sweet and funny, cute as can be, and ornery as… well, probably as ornery as his mama! :)  Happy birthday, little man!  We love you!

IMG_3293

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the cake, Sarah! My Caleb would love it too. :) Daniel looks a lot like you, I think.

    ReplyDelete