Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Color My World

One of my children's favorite pastimes is coloring.  They drag out the dozens of coloring books, flip through the hundreds of pages and select the perfect picture.  Then, of course, they must color it.  The crayons are scattered across the table and many are on the floor, but this is serious business!  Daniel can finally be trusted not to eat the crayons, or break them into tiny pieces.  He still takes the paper off of them sometimes, but that is becoming less of an issue.  The boys were coloring the other day, and I caught Daniel's expression of intense concentration as he was working on his picture.  It was adorable. ( Okay - that's the mom in me coming out).  I have realized how quickly my children grow up, and I want to remember the everyday things that, too many times, I take for granted.  It's not the big vacations and once-a-year activities that we tend to miss - it is the little things of every day.  So, take a minute and document that ordinary moment that will soon be just a memory - a saying, a habit, or everyday event.  This is what makes life precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment