Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

With Liberty and Justice for All!

I cannot let the day pass without saying "Happy 235th Birthday, America!"  I am so thankful for the country God has given us, and for the freedoms that we enjoy.  I want to thank all of our military and veterans for the sacrifices they have made and continue to make that we might enjoy a life of freedom.  Their service is not unappreciated - Thank you! 

I had the great chore of ordering my school books today.  I did some figuring this past week and realized that we will be starting school in about five weeks!  NOOOOOOOOO!!!!  Where has the summer gone?  I will have the distinct pleasure of teaching three of my children at home this year.  Josiah will be in fifth grade, Abigail in second (learning cursive), and Esther beginning her educational career in K-5.  Daniel will probably just terrorize us all as usual. 

I also made a wonderful discovery.  For some time, my girls have wanted to get an American Girl Doll, but I really balked at the $100 price tag.  I was doing some research online, and found 18" Madame Alexander dolls that look remarkably like the AG dolls and are of similar construction for only $34 on Amazon.com.  I used some of my amazon gift cards (courtesy of Swagbucks) to buy one for Esther's birthday.  I also found some free patterns to make doll clothes for them, so I was quite pleased!  I know she will be thrilled with her new friend!  Now all I have to do is save enough to get one for Abigail for Christmas!

We participated in a church picnic/barbecue today, and are looking forward to watching the fireworks tonight. They don't start until quite late (11:00p.m.) due to the loooooong days here in ND!  The locals have been shooting fireworks off all weekend, so we have already seen several decent displays, but I know tonight will be spectacular because of the nearby military base. (They always put on a good show.)  The weather here has been very nice, although it was so windy today they couldn't put the volleyball net up on the church lawn.  The water is receding, and things are getting back to normal for a lot of people.  We still have to boil all drinking water, so I am quite glad that we will only be here for a week!  Tomorrow we begin the VBS program, so we are praying that there will be a good turnout of children, and that we will see several saved this week.  Pray with us for souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment