Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Romantic Charleston

From time to time – like once every three years or so - Paul and I manage to escape for a few days together.  One of our favorite places to visit is Charleston, SC.  The beauty and history of the city appeals to me greatly.  It is almost as if we travel back in time to a more relaxing era. 

Two weeks ago, we spent a few days in Charleston.  After the hectic schedule of this summer, it was a welcome break for both of us.

One morning, we sat and watched the sunrise coming up over the Atlantic.  It was lovely.  Those of you who know me well, will be surprised that I actually got out of bed early enough to catch a summer sunrise (I am not a morning person at all). :)  It was so serene and peaceful, the cool morning air blowing on our faces, and rising sun warming us as we sat on the bench.  Ahhh…

IMG_5419

IMG_5415

IMG_5420

Here we are, taking our famous self-portraits again (I think they turn out better than having other people take them for us)!  You can tell I got up early – I look a bit weary!  :)

 

 

IMG_5428

They say that every cloud has a silver lining, but this one was definitely golden.  The sun turned those clouds on the horizon to a molten color that was breath-taking in its splendor.  God is so good to give us beautiful things to enjoy here on this earth.  Sometimes I wonder at the fact that He could have made everything in shades of black and white, which would still be amazing, but He took the time to make such a glorious world for us to enjoy.  What a great and loving Father we have!  He is worthy of all the praise and worship we can give Him!

1 comment:

  1. These look like some of my pics. We too love Charleston and we loved spending the time with the kids. We really miss all of them.

    ReplyDelete