Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Kitchen Pictures

I was advised that my album links were bad after I uploaded the pictures of the kitchen.  Sigh.  I don’t know what went wrong – some of the pictures posted, while others did not.  Here is another attempt.  If this doesn’t work, you will all just have to come and visit!  :)

334                                                                           Here is some of the lovely wallpaper – layers two and three.

335

All the wallpaper is removed – what a job!

336

Ewwww!  Termites!

337

Paneling and woodwork

344

Sweeping up wallpaper scraps – there were a lot of those!

347

Preparing to prime and paint.

444467468

Priming done – what a mess!

502

Dark paneling is now gone – and the floor is prepared for new linoleum.

503519

Beautiful new floor!

520

All painted!

587

Moving in…

588589604

Finished product.  I like it!

608610611

New fixture globes from the ReStore. 

3 comments:

  1. wow what a difference! it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! your fixtures are pretty! wish we had a better Restore - ours is teeny tiny :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your house, Sarah! And the improvements y'all are making are awesome! Who would ever think that the dark kitchen shown before could look so amazingly fresh. . . and the light paint made it look bigger and more open as well.

    I am just catching up on civilization ; ), so I just read the "how it came about" story as well. I love how my God is SO personal! Thanks for sharing! It's such an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete