Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Pacific Time

We have spent so much time traveling this year.  One of the most difficult parts of travel is the constant change of time zones across the continent.  It seems odd to have more than 24 hours in a day sometimes, but there are days when we only have 22 or 23 hFeb 05 2011 077ours as we travel back east.  In the summer, the days up north are so much longer (it was still light at 11:00PM on July 4th when we were in Minot, ND) and the mornings begin earlier.  It seems that your body never really knows what to do.  Going to bed when it is still light is against my convictions! :)  I am not a morning person, either, so getting up early also goes against my grain!  It is a grand life, though, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. 
I love this picture of my guys from earlier this year.  We all went to the Pacific coast for a time of family fun.  Pacific means peaceful, and the day was one of rest and relaxation for all of us.  Some people enjoy going to the beach, and that is okay, I guess.  I personally prefer the rocky coastlines of California and Maine with the surf pounding against the rocks.  I must have a zillion pictures of the coasts of our country, and they are all beautiful to me!  There is something about the beauty and solitude that appeals to me.  I could sit and watch the water all day!   Take some pacific time…

No comments:

Post a Comment