Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Remember

There are definite moments in time that are indelibly ingrained upon our memories.  The morning of September 11, 2001 was one of those moments.  All time seemed to stand still with the great import of that moment.  The surreality of the seconds that stretched into days, the great sorrow of lives lost, families devastated, and the threat of war.  Ten years ago, I heard the unbelievable news, saw the news footage, and wondered how it could happen.  Here.  In our own country.  In the ensuing years, the shock has lessened, but the memory is still fresh.  May God comfort the families of those who gave and lost their lives that day, and of those who have given their lives in the struggle to maintain our safety and freedom.  I know that 9/11 will forever have an impact upon my life, and I never want to forget how it has changed me as a person and as an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment