Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Computer Literate

I was really impressed with my friend Renee’s blog the other day.  She has been blogging for several years now and gave some of us “newbies” a few helpful hints.  I was overwhelmed with all the information, but immediately started to tackle the easier tasks on her 12-point list.  After about an hour and a half of messing around on my computer, I finally figured out how to edit the HTML text on my blog page for the look I wanted.  (She didn’t tell me how to do that – it took some research on Blogger Help and a lot of hair-pulling to figure it out.)  I am slowly becoming more computer literate, and that makes me happy!  Below is a picture of Paul at his computer... he is usually the computer guru around our house, but for once, I didn't need his help! :)Sep 19 2011 010
I also downloaded Windows Live Writer, a free program she recommended.  It can be used in conjunction with Blogger or other blogging sites.  I am having fun experimenting with the various effects and techniques for photos that are far superior to Blogger’s capabilities.  Thanks, Renee! 
I don’t often post links to other blogs, but Renee has some great ideas about food preparation as well as recipes and menus.  Check out her blog  and be inspired!

1 comment:

  1. I wondered if you saw her post on that subject! Glad you did and that it helped you out!

    ReplyDelete