Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Watch Me, Mama!

All of my children have said this at one time or another, and sometimes I find it hard to stop what I am doing again to see the latest accomplishment.  However, I always enjoy seeing the look on their faces when they have mastered a new pursuit. 

 

Daniel, as the youngest child, seems to learn more quickly than the others (in everything except potty training), probably due to the fact that if he doesn’t learn quickly, he will be left behind!  Last year, I got him a two-wheeler Radio Flyer toddler bike with training wheels.  He  hated it.  He cried every time I tried to set him on the bike.  I was annoyed, and decided that he was too young.  I sold it in the garage sale I had last fall.  It was a mistake to let him see the lady and child walking away dragging the bike behind them.  He instantly began to cry and wail, “My bike!”  It was too late, though.  I had to let her keep the bike.  For not liking the bike, he sure did mope around for a long time.  I got out the tricycle that the rest of the kids used.  That was met with a dark scowl, but I was unmoved.  This was the only bike left, and if he didn’t learn to ride it, then it was his tough luck.  I already regretted selling the toddler bike, but I couldn’t change that.

 

I am now happy to report that he has reconciled himself to the tricycle now, and has learned to ride it very well.  Now he frequently comes to the door and says, “Mama, come watch me ride my bike!”  I am happy to oblige…  Here he is trolling the parking lot, very satisfied with his accomplishment!

 

IMG_4221IMG_4228

IMG_4224IMG_4225IMG_4226

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I just got Ezra a tricycle. He's still too small for it and can't figure out how to pedal, but he likes to "walk" it so to speak by dragging his feet. He can make it halfway down the street! He'll stand inside and look out the door saying "Bike?!?! BIKE?!?!?!" He LOVES it! Ooh and I got it for $7 at a thrift store. It's not a cute red traditional trike like this one but he still loves it! I was praying and praying and praying for one and I checked probably close to a half dozen stores. The very last AISLE of the last STORE i found it tucked in a corner! :)

    ReplyDelete