Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Nesting

I was walking through the RV park the other morning when I saw this little bird sitting on her nest.  The nest was nestled between a gap in the fencing, just the right size for her little straw incubator.   She watched me walk past with a wary eye, and when I returned with my camera, she flew a short distance away, perching rather anxiously on the top of the fence.  It was no wonder, since she had three or four eggs in the nest.  I was trying to get a picture of them, but since the fence was taller than I was, and there was a great ditch between me and the said fence, I had to satisfy myself by standing on tip-toe, raising my arms above my head and snapping the camera blindly in the direction of the nest, hoping that I could get a decent shot.  In the end, I was pleased with the results.  In fact, I kind of like this little stay-at-home mother bird… she reminds me of someone I know! :)

IMG_4249IMG_4252

2 comments:

  1. so pretty! we have house finches that nest every year in our ferns but have never had robins or blue birds or cardinals nest where we could see them :)

    ReplyDelete