Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Decadent Treats

Mother’s Day has just passed, and I had the opportunity to make some especially yummy treats.  I was  commissioned,  you might say (doesn’t that sound impressive?) by a friend’s husband to make her a special Mother’s Day gift.  Chocolate-dipped strawberries.  I had such a fun time making this gift, picking out the perfect berries, gift box, and decorative ribbon!  Here is what I ended up with… or rather what she ended up with!

 

IMG_4237

 

it was my first time to successfully drizzle my berries.  I had to use my cake decorating equipment to get the right look.  next time, they will look even better, once I have had a little more practice!

 

IMG_4242

I had a hard time finding food-safe tins, so I ended up going with just a zebra-print gift box.  It kind of matched the drizzled berries, which I really had not thought about when I bought the box.  The bow was a glittery pink ribbon that I tied and glued to the box.  I love the contrast of the pink and zebra print.  Anyway, I was pleased with the result, and my friend’s husband was thrilled with his exclusive gift.  I’m thinking he will get some extra brownie points for this Mother’s Day gift!  Maybe I will take orders next year… :)

 

What did you receive for Mother’s Day?

2 comments:

  1. You should sell them! You don't follow me on facebook ;) but I do this every year for Valentine's (when I saw strawberries in the store this weekend, I thought about doing it some year for MD too.) I sell a dozen for $12 and I also make oreo truffles too and sell a dozen for $12. I box them in the 4 count cupcake boxes you can find at Michael's or other places. I don't use the cupcake insert and 12 strawberries (if they are more med-large size not mammoth sized) fit good. and I use the mini muffin cups like you did too. :) I think I did like 30 dozen truffles and strawberries this year (great spending money!)

    great job on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh can you make me some!?!?! I LOOOOVE chocolate covered strawberries. I got some for Mother's Day too but they weren't as pretty! We got the DIY dip but they were still yummy! http://www.beautifulinhistime.com/blog/mother-s-day-weekend-2012

    ReplyDelete