Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day!

This weekend is Mother’s Day—the day we are honored for the other 364 days of selfless, sacrificial service to our children.  I just want to take a moment and say how thankful I am to have the opportunity to be a mother.  it is one of the greatest joys in the world.  I have not always been the best mother I can be, but my children love me anyway!  My children show their love by giving me hugs, kisses, flowers, weeds, pictures, and rocks.  I love each of my children, and I am so thankful to be their mother!

268271

 

I also want to thank God for my mom.  She has been such a blessing to me, a strong woman who loves the Lord, and whose greatest desire is that her children love and serve the Lord.  I couldn’t ask for a better mom.  We enjoy so many of the same things (I got her hooked on scrapbooking) and have the same weird sense of humor.  Thanks, Mom, for being there, and for loving me!  I love you!

513

I also know this is a hard day for some women who so desperately want to have children, but for one reason or another cannot.  My heart goes out to you, and I pray that God will give you the desires of your heart in His perfect timing.  Some of my friends have already lost their mothers, and there is a painful void in their life.  Remember your mother, reflect on the good times you had with her, and share those memories with others.  To all of you, I am wishing a very happy Mother’s Day!

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean "weird" sense of humor? Ours is normal, all others are weird. I thank you for your sweet words and love you very much. I am so thankful to have you as a daughter and I wish you a happy mother's day also. Can't wait to see all of you again.

    ReplyDelete