Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Swept Away

IMG_3717Hallelujah!  Once again I have a working vacuum in my house!  This is a rather long story, since the vacuum was a gift for our first anniversary (not from my husband).  The vacuum came with a life-time warranty and service plan.  The catch was that it had to be serviced in the ORECK store.  I quickly found out that although many stores sell ORECK vacuums, most do not service them.  My sweeper began having issues last year – the serious kind that made it blow dirt out instead of sucking it up.  Not good.  We already had two and half boxes of crushed cereal on the floor, without emptying the vacuum bag of crusted food particles tangled with hair into the mix!  I could not find a place that would service my vacuum, so I resorted to sweeping up the mess with a broom.  Have you ever tried to sweep carpet with a  broom?  It just doesn’t quite do the job.  Not to mention the broom, which I purchased at the dollar store, was defective.  Vigorous sweeping  caused the handle to come off in my hand – a real life example of flying off the handle, I guess! :)

After several months of gritty carpet, in spite of my best efforts, I just became used to wearing socks, slippers, or shoes in the trailer.  It was the best we could do at the time.  However, just after Christmas, my paragon of a husband found a service center and took my vacuum there.  It was done in four days, and I have had clean carpets for nearly a week!  Hooray!  No more flying off the handle for me!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!!

    How are you and your family? I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a good start to the New Year.

    I'm in the same situation with my sweeper....I've checked everything and it still isn't doing it's job. Think I'm going to buy a new filter and go from there. :)

    Anyway, have a great day and take care!!
    Aledia~

    ReplyDelete