Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Slimed!

We love Mexican-style food around our house.  It is unusual if we don’t have a Mexican style meal at least once a week.  After having been to Mexico several times on Mission trips, I have gotten the knack of making authentic tacos and guacamole, and we all love it!  The kids all called the guacamole, “green stuff”  for a long time.  Daniel, our youngest, had a variation on the name that was quite funny.  We also eat a lot of broccoli, and I think he got the two items confused, and thus the “green stuff” was dubbed, “brocco-mole!” 

This week, I made a Mexican skillet type meal, using ground venison, refried beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, and some spices.  I also made some guacamole to top it, and the whole thing was to be eaten with tortilla chips.  Yum!  I splurged and bought a fresh lime to squeeze over our food (that does amazing things for Mexican food) and brought it to the table with me.  “Who wants some lime?” I asked.  Amidst the chorus of children’s voices crying, “Me! I want some lime,” Daniel’s voice rose above the rest— “I don’t want SLIME!”  Needless to say, we have a new family joke!  Want some slime? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment