Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Birthday!

It is birthday time in our house again.  This time, it is one of those “big” birthdays.  My dearly beloved husband, Paul, is turning thirty-five today!  I just want to take a few minutes to publicly say how much I appreciate him! 

I am thankful for a husband who is faithful.  This year will mark our tenth year in evangelism.  The journey hasn’t always been easy, but he has stayed faithful to God, to his calling, and to our family.

I am thankful for a husband who has a strong work ethic. In those “lean times,” as we call them, when we have no income from evangelistic meetings, he has done his best to provide for us in whatever way he can – hunting, odd jobs, and the like. 

I am thankful for a husband who has a sense of humor.  When things get tough, there is nothing more discouraging than a pessimist looking at everything through bleak glasses.  Paul is not that way – laughter fills our home.  That is not to say that we go around the house with a grin on our faces all the time, but the overall tone of our lives is that of cheerfulness.

I am thankful for a husband with common sense.  You may laugh, but I am serious!  I have seen too many people make foolish decisions that could have been avoided with some previous thought.

I am thankful for a husband with a teachable spirit.  No matter how much he knows, he is willing to sit and listen to others to glean knowledge and experience from them. 

I am thankful for a thoughtful husband.  His love for me is obvious in the little, everyday things he does – washing the dishes, changing dirty diapers, throwing in a load of laundry, picking up after himself, putting hooks on my laundry doors (love those), and a million other little things. 

This list is not exhaustive, lest you realize what a paragon of virtues my husband is and become extremely jealous or depressed.  :)  What I want to say most of all is this: “I love you, Babe!  Happy Birthday!”

1 comment:

  1. "This list is not exhaustive, lest you realize what a paragon of virtues my husband is and become extremely jealous or depressed."

    You crack me up - I can hear you saying this!

    Happy Birthday, Paul!

    ReplyDelete