Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Oh NO!

After a few weeks of really staying on top of the whole coupon thing, I received a devastating blow on Sunday.  this area of the country is no longer going to have coupon inserts included in the newspapers sold on the stand!  That explains why the last two weekends have yielded no coupons.  The only way you can get the coupon inserts is if you get the newspaper delivered to your home!  Well, since we are currently between homes, that is out of the question.  Rats.

 

I am not sure why the newspaper is cutting back on the inserts, but it won’t help their business to remove the coupons.  The only reason I ever bought a paper was for the coupons.  I think there are a lot more people who do the same thing.  I know it was really hard to find a Sunday paper around here on the “good insert” weekends.

 

I don’t know what I will do.  Maybe I can stand by the intersection with a sign that says, “Will work for coupons” or something like that.  I know that a lot of manufacturers have cut back on the number and value of coupons in the last year (that dumb “extreme couponing” show had a lot to do with that, I think) and a lot of stores have tightened their policies on coupons.  With the newspaper no longer distributing the coupons, it is getting harder and harder to save money.  Well, I know we’ll make it through somehow. 

 

Has anyone else noticed that their local paper no longer has coupons? Just curious…

3 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    You should be able to go to the local newspaper office and buy a paper directly from them with all the inserts. Our newspaper is the same way. They stuff all the home delivery papers first and then whatever is left may or may not make it into the public newspaper stands. When I was doing the whole couponing thing, I always bought mine from the newspaper office. it was convenient for me, the newspaper office is 1 block from where I work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ask around, you may know someone locally who has the paper delivered but doesn't clip coupons. Maybe one of them could save the inserts for you. My in-laws do this for us.

    ReplyDelete