The metal spokes of the frame had actually come apart, and poked out through the fabric in several places. The day came when I finally decided to get a new shade. I was tired of trying to make this one look presentable.
Off to my favorite store – Hobby Lobby – with a 40% coupon in hand. It was lampshade hunting day.
I was somewhat disappointed in the selection of shades. If you wanted a whole lamp, they had some gorgeous options, but my lamp was fine – I just wanted a shade. I finally (to my husband’s great relief) decided on a design-your-own shade that could be covered with fabric. I paid less than $5 for it, and I knew I had some fabric back home in the trailer. So I came home and dug through my stash, finding a bright, cheery fabric scrap leftover from one of my favorite aprons.
The shade was wrapped in a wax paper template, so cutting it out was quite simple.
I didn’t have my hot glue gun with me, so I had to make do with Elmer’s school glue. Even then, it was really easy – no burnt fingers from boiling glue! Yay! :) It went together quickly, and I was pleased with the speed of the project.
Ta-dah! The new sassy lamp shade! I could add some fringe-y stiff, but I didn’t have any in my stash. Perhaps I will do that later. I actually kind of like it just as it is.
New vs. Old
The finished product – yes, it makes me smile. :)