Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

A Mama Moment

The other day, as I was busy in the church building, my youngest child, Daniel, kept interrupting my work to tattle, complain, and in general, inform me of all the perceived evils of his short life.

I listened the first several times, expressed my sympathy (not very sincerely, I am afraid) and tried to finish my work.  The interruptions continued, and actually increased in number to the point that I knew I would never finish what I was working on unless they stopped altogether.  It takes time for this mama’s brain to refocus once the train of thought gets derailed… several times.

In desperation, I told him that he was too tired to handle life, and that he needed to go back to the trailer and lie down on my bed.  I would be over in a little while.  Sniffling, he obeyed, and I breathed a sigh of relief when peace reigned supreme.

About twenty minutes later, I had finished what I was working on, and went back over to the trailer.  I cleaned up the kitchen, then moved on to the bedroom where I had a towering mountain of laundry to fold.  I noticed that the pillows had been rearranged, but chalked it up to the busy munchkins who live in our home.  Then I noticed this:

IMG_8540

Two little feet sticking out from underneath the pillows.  My eyes nearly bugged out of my head!  I had totally forgotten about Daniel!  Ever been there?  Sure enough, he had come back, laid down on the bed, and fallen fast asleep.

IMG_8541

Apparently he had piled the pillows on top of himself to keep warm (the AC is right over our bed) and would have been totally invisible except for those two little feet sticking out at the bottom! :)

IMG_8542

Upon closer inspection, I could just barely see his head sticking out near the top of the bed.  He slept like a little turtle for hours!  He must have been exhausted!  And the best part was, when he woke up, he was his usual, happy little self again.  Love this little guy!

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that he has a pair of matching socks on his feet.

    ReplyDelete