Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Guatemala–Part 4

I could go on and on about our trip, but I am going to make this the last post about the missions trip.  We had a wonderful, busy, and eventful week.  We saw several visitors attend the Sunday services as a direct result of our tract distribution, which was a blessing to both the team and the missionary family.  Praise the Lord!
Here are just some random pictures from the trip – things I want to share with you.
IMG_7954
Soap plant – the Mayans use the berries from this plant to clean their clothing.  It grows all over the mountains.
IMG_7810
Gas prices (divide by 7.7 to get the $ equivalent)
IMG_8038
Mom and I after the volcano hike – still smiling, albeit wearily!
IMG_7939
Public restroom – enter at your own risk…
IMG_8092
Children getting out of school.  They have three shifts of school each day, so there are always children in school from early morning until evening.  Interesting concept.
IMG_8146
Tuc-Tuc!  I didn’t get to ride in one of these while we were there, but next, time, look out!
IMG_8181
Bagged – not bottled – water.
IMG0761
At the ruins of an old Catholic church in Antigua.
IMG0797
This place was originally built in 1545, but was destroyed by an earthquake, then rebuilt, then demolished again.  Pretty impressive architecture, still.
IMG0715
Scrubbing the church floor.
IMG0702
Mom, Misty, & Me (had to alliterate that) :)
IMG0911
The Wilder Family
IMG0820
Group photo at the ruins – getting this picture was quite hilarious!
IMG0859
The Najera family – missionaries to Bolivia.  This was a sweet and Godly family that we met while at the church.  Originally from Mexico, they are raising support to plant churches in Bolivia.
IMG8326
Misty and I – friends forever!
I am so grateful for the opportunity to make this trip, and, as always, it is great to see my cousin and friend.  I thoroughly enjoyed the other team members and the new friends we met in Guatemala.  I know better how to pray for these missionaries, and the particular struggles that they have in their ministry.  I cannot wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment