Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Thrift Store Treasures

We are in Minnesota this week, and while in town, I passed a thrift store.  I vowed to stop in before the week was up, and ended up going on Tuesday.  Boy, was I ever glad I did!  It was a treasure trove of finds!  I browsed the aisles, trying not to grab everything that I fancied!  There were a few things that I absolutely could not leave behind, though!

Check out these super finds!

IMG_5969

The large embroidery hoops were an item for which I had been looking, due to several posts on Pinterest.  I have big plans for these in my craft/scrapbook/laundry room!  :)

The little white jug was love at first sight for me.  It has a little blue windmill painted on the other side, but I haven’t decided what I want to do with that yet.  I may just leave it facing the wall.  Or, maybe I will spray paint the whole thing… I haven’t decided yet.

The salt and pepper shakers were so cute!  I actually can use them for something other than decoration.  I picked them up because I liked the shape, and found that they are wooden. That means that I can paint them to match my kitchen décor if I like, or just leave them for a pop of contrasting color.  Whatever I decide, I will be happy with my find!

My other great find was a picture frame…  “What’s the big deal?” you may think, but I have been looking for a certain size and shape of frame for some time in order to make this particular Pinterest project that I saw a while back.  It is perfect for my front door!

IMG_5964

Isn’t it adorable?  And so very “outside the box” for a holiday wreath!  I wanted something a bit more ornate, but this frame was very sturdy and the perfect price, so I grabbed it.  I can’t wait to get back home and get to work on this holiday project!  The question now is where I am going to store all this stuff until we get home.  I have run out of space in my bin! :)  Hopefully, I will have enough time to get this done before Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I don't usually see decorations that I think I would like to make. But that wreath is really cool. Not sure if I will try it for this year but it is in my mind for the future. It really is rather cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete