Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Pie Season

I love fall for many reasons, but one of them is that it is pie season.  All the fruit is ripening, and being harvested, and all the crops are in from the garden.  Apples, peaches, cherries, pumpkin – you name it – it smells like pie to me!

While with Paul’s parents  a while back, his mom and I made several pies.  We made a few pumpkin and one delicious cherry pie! 

IMG_5825

I don’t think I had ever made a cherry pie before, but I will definitely put it on my list of things to do again in the future!  Topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream it was good enough to “make you want to slap your mama,” as they say.  none of us slapped anyone, but we did enjoy this pie!

Paul’s grandma came foe lunch on day and brought two of the best lemon merengue pies I have ever eaten!  They were not runny at all, and the lemon flavor was so clean and tangy.  Yum!  I have to get that recipe as well. 

What is your favorite kind of pie?  Mine is anything but pumpkin.

1 comment:

  1. see i love pumpkin pie. pumpkin and apple. YUM!!! Too bad I can't eat it, but I've heard that you can make crustless pumpkin pie. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete