Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Daniel!

Right on the heels of my birthday comes Daniel’s special day.  This has been a crazy week for our family, having just arrived back in town.  It seems that this time of year has extra extra-curricular activites – practices, hunting, birthdays, holidays, etc.  I am scrambling to get all my regular duties done, and as if that wasn’t enough to keep me busy, I have taken on a few projects of my own.  I will write more about these next week!

We are so thankful for Daniel. He is a ray of sunshine in our lives, and is such a happy-go-lucky little guy (most of the time). We celebrated his birthday last night due to some schedule conflicts, but who really cares when you get cake, ice cream, and presents!

IMG_6049

Here is his cake, a delicious confection of chocolate.  He wanted a train cake, which I had been planning to do, but since it takes hours to ice it, I opted out of that at the last minute due to a lack of time. This is just a simple two-layer cake.  It has a creamy homemade chocolate icing, and a hot fudge/crushed oreo filling, reminiscent of those wonderful Dairy Queen ice cream cakes.  It was a real sugar overload! :)

IMG_6059

Then after cake and ice cream, it was time for presents, of course…

IMG_6065IMG_6073

He was thrilled with the homemade cards that his brother and sisters gave him, and the Lincoln Logs were also a hit!

The crowning joy of his evening, though, was his new Beanie Baby, Max.

IMG_6075IMG_6077IMG_6082IMG_6090

My baby is four now. Sniff!  Where has the time gone?  We love you, Daniel! Happy Birthday!

Nov 18 2008 002Nov 20 2008 004

No comments:

Post a Comment