Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Passing Days

As the days get shorter and cooler, it reminds me of the passage of time.  The unrelenting tick-tock that propels us into our own futures seems to go faster as I get older. 

And, I am getting older… again.

Yes, I hate to admit it, but today is my birthday.  Yikes!  I look at myself in the mirror, and think, I don’t really look that old, do I?” Of course, I reassure myself that I do indeed still look like a young chick, and not an aging hen, or crow, as some of you may suggest!  :)

So, I am going to put my blinders back on and pretend that I am as young as I want to be – and when I think about it, I really am.  I don’t think I would want to go back in time and go through all of that drama again!

So, here is to getting older, enjoying who I am, and looking forward to how wonderful I will become in the future! LOL

                      Happy Birthday to me!

2 comments:

  1. Of course you are not old! That would mean your mother is old. You are the perfect daughter for me. I know that God gave you to me and I have always been thankful for you. You have been a wonderful daughter and a blessing and great encouragement. Your love for the Lord thrills me. Not only are you my dear precious daughter, but you are a very dear friend. I love you so much! Have a happy birthday with your family. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete