Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Order in My Court

I will admit to having several slight anxiety attacks in the last few weeks as I think about school supplies.  Not that I worry about having enough - goodness knows, we have everything we need, and probably a few extras floating around the trailer.  No, I have stressed over where I am going to put all of the supplies - books, mostly.  There is not an abundance of storage space in the trailer, and with three children about to start school this year, we have more books than ever!  What am I going to do? 


The answer came to me in an epiphany.  I would use stackable crates to keep things neat.  Each grade is in a crate that can be stacked, or if necessary, moved easily to another location (we sometimes do school in an unused classroom in the church).  The crates are pretty durable, which is also a necessity because of the rigors of the traveling we do.  (Just imagine what your house would look like after an earthquake that registers 4.6 on the Richter scale - this is what an RV experiences each time you take a trip.  In our case, this happens about once a week.)  So, I trundled off to Walmart and found the perfect crates - in several colors.  The girls wanted pink, and Josiah wanted blue.  I picked up some green ones, too, in hopes of really getting my scrapbook stuff organized.  There may be pics of that later... much later! :)  I came home and happily positioned the crates in the perfect place - out of the way, but oh, so accessible - under the counter by the door.  I was amazed at how many books we had.  Esther's box had to go behind the other two for sake of space, but it is all contained and makes me smile to look at it.  I doubt it will look good for long, once the kids are in it every day, so I took a picture.  When things get really messy, I will pull out my picture, stare at it for a few minutes and sigh contentedly, remembering the epitome of organization that it used to be! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Look!! I can comment now!! Yee-haw!! Don't know why it never worked before and as of yesterday I can now comment on these types of comment forms. So weird!

    I must say, I am constantly amazed at your ability to make the most of your space.=) I use lots of crates like that and I love them! Actually have my scrapbook supplies in some and it works great. I've had some of my crates for seven years and have not had one break yet. They really are quite durable! Hope ya'll have a good start to your school year. We start on the 15th. (gulp!!) =P

    ReplyDelete