Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'll Be Home

...hopefully before Christmas!  I had to take a rather sudden trip to spend a few days with a friend.  That means I left my kids to my husband's tender care.  I wasn't able to do all those things that I usually do before I go on a trip like go grocery shopping, finish all my lesson plans, give Paul a course in fixing the girls' hair - you know - the usual! A friend dropped me off at the airport and although I had almost an hour before my flight, the beloved TSA did their level best to drag out the security check, even taking my bag out and dumping half of its contents out to be run through the scanner again.  I know I probably look really suspicious, but if I had decided to hide a bomb in my luggage, I wouldn't have thought to put it in my deodorant... Obviously, they thought the fact that a grown woman took deodorant on a trip was highly unusual.  Am I missing a new trend in hygiene?  As soon as my bag was cleared, I took off running through the airport (that probably did look suspicious) to catch my plane which was to leave in five minutes!   I ran through the concourse, down the moving sidewalks, regretting the fact that so many people are blind or can't read, evidenced by the fact that the "Walk Left, Stand Right" signs had no effect upon them.  I rounded the corner to my gate, and the woman called my name.  "Yes," I gasped, "that's me!"  I hurried down the boarding ramp into the airplane.  Have you ever been the last one on the airplane - the one who kept everyone waiting?  Okay, that was a little embarrassing.  As soon as I reached my seat, they closed the door, and we started taxiing down the runway.  Whew!  I plan to leave a little more time for my next flight!  That or leave my deodorant behind! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a safe trip! And yes, I have been that person...very embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were "that person" on one of our honeymoon flights...the good thing is that you get to take off right away instead of sitting there for another hour. :) Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they were pretty nice to us.... I think having a baby along was the trick... they expected us to have extra liquids, etc.... And um, I hardly ever wear deodorant anymore (at least not in the winter-- and then I usually forget in the summer!) It made my clothes stink more than I did...
    And I guess I wasn't the friend that you went to visit....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too have given up on the traditional deodorant. Have been using the Crystal for several months now. No one has complained, so I guess it must be working! :)

    ReplyDelete