Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Home is Where...

...you hang your clothes.  Home is the place you can enjoy putting your sheets out on the line on a beautiful day and letting the brisk wind whip the moisture out of them.  Today is just such a day - cool and breezy, but the sun is shining brightly.  The birds are singing, and the flowers are blooming.  The air is filled (at least in our part of the neighborhood) with the happy squeals and laughter of children.  Thank the Lord for this beautiful day!  I was able to wash and hang all my sheets this morning.  I love that line-dried smell!


The Lord gave me a verse this morning that I really needed.  He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered. - Proverbs 28:26  Too many times I rely on my own ability to do what needs to be done.  The Lord has convicted me of trusting in my own heart when I should be asking Him for wisdom and guidance.  It is not in the "big" things that I lose sight of this truth, but in the small, everyday decisions that I must make.  I need to make the Lord more a part of my daily routine.  When I ask for His wisdom, I will be delivered from foolish decisions and mistakes.  Thank God for the convicting power of His Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment