Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Another Mother's Day

Another Mother's Day has come and gone, but in reality, every day for me is a mother's day!  My children did not make me breakfast in bed (although this is not necessarily a bad thing) but I did get a lot of hugs and kisses, as well as lots of "I love you's."  I did have a surprise in the afternoon.  I had lain down to take a nap and was awakened by a small voice, "Mama, we have something for you!"  I opened my groggy eyes and there stood my son with a plate laden with something (I didn't have my glasses on, so couldn't tell what it was).  I took the plate, and tipped it up slightly to see what was on it, and was surprised when a wave of water flowed off the plate and all over me!  I shrieked, and sat up, grabbing for my glasses.  Their faces were as astonished as mine was!  It was hilarious!  The kids couldn't figure out where the water had come from, and in the end. our best guess determined that it had been the bottom plate on the stack of clean dishes and therefore had collected the water.  While I did not eat the soggy potato chips, smarties, and raisins, I did thank my children for their thoughtfulness.  Next time, I will check the plate first! :)

Last weekend, I had the opportunity and privilege of speaking at a ladies' banquet.  I am always a bundle of nerves when I have to speak, but the Lord gave me clarity of thought and I was able to share what He had given me.  I spoke on the topic of surrender.  It is so needed in our our lives!  Are we truly surrendered to God's will, no matter what it may be?  I challenge each of you to prayerfully consider your own state of yieldedness to God.  Are you doing and being what He would have you to do and be?  May our Lord find us living in His perfect will.

No comments:

Post a Comment