Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Back in the City

After about three weeks with little or no internet connection, I am finally able to post again.  I have had a lot of great things happen in the meantime.  I will tell you about some of them.

Josiah had a great time at the Master Club Regional competition in Indianapolis.  He cam home with several ribbons - a second place for "Digging in the Word," as well as two fourth place ribbons for team events.  He said the team dragged him down!  There are times when having a team is not helpful, but we are so proud of him for the hard work he put into the competition.

We drove to North Carolina and we able to catch part of Ambassador Baptist College's Bible Conference.  We heard some tremendous messages, and it is always great to reconnect with friends who show up for the conference.

Last week I had an interesting experience.  We held a meeting in which the pastor and his wife were former students of mine.  Talk about feeling old!  There were only a few years between us, since they were high school students, but it was a weird feeling.  However, we had a tremendous week and I know we left better friends than we came.  My moment of "oldness" ended when a waitress asked the pastor's wife and me (we went out for lunch one day) if we were old enough to sample the wine!  We told her we were, but we didn't drink! Whew!  At least we don't look old yet!  We are looking forward to spending some more time with them when we head back to North Carolina to pick up our trailer.

We are back in the city...The City... New York City.  I absolutely love this place!  I don't know what it is about the city that I love so much - perhaps the bustling people at all times of day and night, the lights, or the possibility of being mugged at any minute!  I do not love the traffic, but I suppose you learn to deal with it if you live in the Big Apple.  We are looking forward to a great week here.  Our meeting coincides with the annual mission trip of a large Christian high school, so we are all staying in the church.  There are lots of people everywhere, and they have a tight schedule to follow.  Our schedule is not so hectic, since I planned a spring break from school for my kids.  I am already enjoying that, and it isn't even Monday yet! 

I hope to post a little more frequently this week and keep you in the loop, so to speak.  Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment