Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

13:Our Lucky Number

No, I don’t really believe in luck.  I believe in God’s perfect will.  I believe in His blessings.  I believe that He works all things for our good when we love Him and keep His commandments.  Nothing could be better than that.

IMAG0290  Today is our day – well, one of them.  Thirteen years ago this very day, Paul asked me to become his wife.  It was a cold, dark, dreary evening in Charlotte, NC, in one of the most unromantic settings that either of us could imagine.  However,that doesn’t really matter to me.  Our relationship was never about flowers and sentimental poems (although I have received those from time to time).  It was about us.  Togetherness.  Finding the will of God for our lives and helping one another to fulfill that plan.  Being there for one another through thick and thin, good times and bad, rich and poor.  That commitment officially began thirteen (has is really been that long?!) years ago.

They have been good years, filled with love, laughter, and adventure.  That love has been tested through difficult times as well, but we wouldn’t change a thing.  I am so glad that thirteen years ago our lives were set on this path.  I am so thankful that thirteen is now our “lucky” number!

IMAG0289

No comments:

Post a Comment