Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yank-ee Doodle

We now have another toothless wonder in our house!  Abigail has been wiggling her loose front teeth for what seems like forever.  I finally exercised the mother's privilege of deciding that the tooth was going to come out.  I do not particularly enjoy pulling teeth, but I am the designated "yanker" in our home.  Her teeth were giving me the creeps, because they were so loose they stuck out of her lips sideways when she closed her mouth!  Ewww!  I pulled the right front tooth out several days ago, and she cried, bit me when I stuck my fingers in her mouth, and was, in general, a very reluctant "yank-ee."  So, when the left front tooth started to follow the wind currents, I decided that it was time to pull it, too!  She was immediately opposed to the idea, and began the theatrics as soon as I put my finger on the tooth in question.  I prevailed, though, just short of sitting on her chest and putting a dental prop in her mouth.  Of course, as soon as it was over, she was all gap-toothed smiles and giggles.  I am officially documenting this great milestone in Abigail's life and invite you to share it with her!

1 comment:

  1. I noticed last night that she had a gap, but smiling away! Brave mama!!

    ReplyDelete