Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Love Notes

"How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways..."
Ahhhh!  February is here, and our thoughts tend to be a little more "romantic" as we anticipate the upcoming Valentine's Day.  Admit it - you are already dreaming of chocolate and roses, kisses and romance.  I am - especially the chocolate part!  I had the most wonderful thing happen to me last week.  My oh-so-wonderful husband surprised me with a series of love notes tucked away in places he knew I would find them.  There was one in my Bible, where my daily reading marker was placed, one in my makeup bag, one in the kitchen, and so forth.  Each note contained a specific reason for his love for me.  I was so touched!  This is not the first time he has done something like that, but it doesn't happen every week, either!  I am thankful for a husband who daily expresses his love for me in words and actions.  Today, start thinking of reasons you love your spouse.  See how many you can come up with before Valentine's Day, and surprise them by writing the reasons down.  They don't have to be great big things.  For instance, I am thankful that my husband puts his own clothes in the hamper when he takes them off!  Something little, yes, but after ten years of marriage, that has saved me a lot of extra work!  Too many times we focus on what they don't do, or what we wish they would do.  This year, write your own unique set of love notes, and tell your spouse some of the reasons you love them.  It will give you an increased appreciation for them.  It will also encourage them to keep doing the "little things" that become everyday romance.

3 comments:

  1. great challenge! might have to do something like that!

    and kudos to Paul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy does not put his clothes in the hamper, so I will not be writing any notes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby also puts his clothes in the hamper AND I have always been thankful that he also empties his pockets! (Though I don't mind when he occasionally leaves money in them because at our house, the rule is that loose money goes to the person who finds it in the washer or drier!!)

    ReplyDelete