Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Life In A Glance

The last few weeks have been very busy, traveling, holding meetings, traveling, finishing school, traveling, and  - well, you get the picture!  I haven’t taken a lot of time to keep my blog updated, so I am going to try to catch up all at once with a lot of pictures from the last two or three weeks.

IMG_7287

On the road – traveling through Atlanta {groan}.  The traffic is always dreadful.

IMG_7296IMG_7300

Food and fellowship with friends – one of the great perks of being on the road!  :)

IMG_7314IMG_7315IMG_7322IMG_7319

Field trip to the Air & Space Museum in Hampton, VA.  What cute little astronauts!

IMG_7379

Munchkins just acting crazy for the camera!  Typical…

IMG_7456

Peacock at the petting zoo in VA.  I am amazed at how gorgeous this bird is!

IMG_7472IMG_7481

Having fun at the playground.

IMG_7494

Boys will be boys.  And I love them for it!

IMG_7500IMG_7505IMG_7509IMG_7503

Day-old baby goats in Ohio.  There were triplets, and they were adorable!

IMG_7525

And, speaking of adorable… My baby brother entertaining us with puppets. LOL

IMG_7530

Joint birthday party for the girls at Grandpa & Grandma’s house.

IMG_7561

The girls sporting their new fashion scarves.  Ooh la la!

IMG_7575

My baby girl is nine!?!

IMG_7578

More crazy munchkin pictures! Love these guys!

IMG_7598

Beautiful, fragrant yellow roses growing at a church in Macon, GA.

So, that’s life in a glance from my perspective.  Lots of wonderful adventures and memories, and I am so happy to be able to share them with all of you!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like life has been exciting, lately! =) The scarves for the girls turned out SO cute. You did a great job! You have some mad crafting skills. Making scarves, building beds and shelves, painting and glazing a hutch...I'm pretty impressed over here.;)

    So glad ya'll could come visit a few weeks ago, we enjoyed it so much. I enjoyed all of these pictures, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love crafting, no doubt. Now, if I could only master the Manual mode on my camera! LOL

      Delete
    2. My mom actually made the scarves for the girls, although I have made quite a few myself. They are so easy!

      Delete
  2. Your kids are getting so big!
    That was a great shot of the peacock- they really are beautiful birds!! My Grandmother raised them for years. She hatched new ones each year- we just loved going over and watching them display.
    BTW, you can disregard my comment about commenting. ha...I think I figured it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took about 50 shots of the peacock before I got one that I liked. Manual mode still evades me... :)

      Delete
  3. LOVED seeing what all you guys have been up to! Your munchkins are so cute! : )

    About the manual mode. . . I was one of those that thought I would never get it and that it was WAAAAAAY over my head -- even after reading a life's worth of tutorials. Bryan Peterson's book "Understanding Exposure" is TOPS. Pros refer to it as the Bible on exposure. He explains it so well in a way that is SO easy to understand. As I read it (with camera in hand), I started wondering what it was I had always thought was so hard about it. : )

    50 shots or no, that was a beautiful pic of the peacock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of these times you go through Atlanta, we want to see you. :) so sorry about our traffic ;) we don't actually go into the city much but yes, traffic is bad.

    we'll have to chat about cameras/manual mode one day too. try this - start shooting on auto - no flash. then move to Aperture priority mode (on Nikon that is A), then do manual. when you get there - I can give you some simple, basic tips (cause that is all I know, yet I feel comofortable shooting in manual. )

    do you have a Nikon or Canon?

    ReplyDelete