Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother’s Day

Today is the day on which we honor our mothers for the love and sacrifice that they have shown through the years.  It is a special and exclusive day, since motherhood is not bestowed upon all women.  I know that some hearts ache on this holiday, some with as yet unfulfilled dreams, and others with regrets.  However, let us not neglect to honor those to whom honor is due, just because it can be deemed exclusive. 

Motherhood is not easy, and from my perspective, it seems to get more difficult the older the child becomes.  I am so thankful for my own mother, who is such an influence on my life.   I am thrilled to have the kind of relationship with her that gets better each year.  If I have a problem or difficulty, she prays with me – often.  I really appreciate that.  She has been an example of faithfulness over the years, and while not perfect, I have learned much from her.  She taught me to cook, clean, and sew, for which I am eternally grateful.  I got her hooked on scrapbooking, so we enjoy crafting together.  We talk on the phone several times a week.  In short, we have become more than mother and daughter  - we have become friends as well.  Her love and support has helped me through many a trial.  I thank God for my mom.  I love you, Mom! :)

I am also thankful for my mother-in-law.  She helped to shape the character of the man that I married.  She has been a great friend, and a wonderful addition to my life.  Of all the mother-in-laws in the world, she must be the best!  I love you, Mom Crow!  :)

And of course, I love the ones who call me Mama.  Each one of my children is special to me, and I enjoy seeing them grow and develop.  I tremble at the thought of the responsibility I have been given, especially when I see my own faults and inadequacies.  However, God knew each imperfection when He gave those precious children to me, and not only can I teach them, I can learn from them as well.  I love you, munchkins!  :)

IMG_7620

Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment