Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Happenings

Sundays always end up being exciting for one reason or another.  Today was no exception.  I woke up this morning to a strange smell.  I asked my husband, "WHAT is that smell?"  It smelled like vegetable soup... oh, yeah, I forgot that I had put soup in the crock pot the night before.  Ham and beans - yum!  Anyway, with the morning mystery solved, we were off to a good start.  I always make a habit of laying out all the clothes for the children the night before, so there is no scrambling on Sunday morning.  Everything was in place except one of the girls' black dress shoes.  Of course, there was a meltdown over the missing shoe.  While trying to apply my makeup and fix my hair, I was shouting out possible hiding places - really, how many places could a shoe hide in a 38 foot trailer?  Finally, I suggested looking in the under-bed storage area.  The only reason I thought of this place was because it had been open earlier in the week when we were trying to thaw out our frozen water tanks!  Ta-daaaah!  There was the missing shoe!  All was joy and smiles once again!

After the morning service, in which I was asked to sing (last minute substitution - gotta love that!) I was standing out in the foyer with the pastor's wife.  Esther decided she would open the drawer on the small table in the foyer.  Daniel thought he would like to see what was in it as well.  The drawer was a bit stiff, so she gave it a tug, and out it came.  However, that same tug caused the tall vase on top of the table to topple over onto Daniel's head..  The vase bounced off of his head and onto the floor where it broke.  In the two seconds that this took to happen, I gawked in horror at the scene unfolding before me.  Daniel started crying, and I noticed that he was bleeding profusely where the vase had hit him.  Thankfully, it was just a small nick.  The vase suffered far worse damage, but we are hopeful that some glue will fix the broken base. 

I also took my weekly CVS trip in which I scored some free mouthwash, and 4 packs of Orbit gum.  Abigail went with me after washing the dishes (she will do anything to avoid taking a nap).  We had a nice time together, and she found $.27 lying on the ground.  That girl finds money everywhere!  She was really excited about that. 

Tomorrow we head west... by next Sunday we will be in El Paso, the Lord willing.  It will be a difficult week, but the Lord gives grace to handle the long days on the road.  Goodbye to "normal" life for a while and back to evangelist life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment