Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year, New Venture

Welcome to my blog!  This is a new venture for me personally.  Maintaining a blog has never been a huge "gotta do" thing for me, but here I am, breaking forth upon an astonished world! Just kidding.  My real reason for starting a blog was an outlet for expression that would still allow me to maintain contact with the many friends I have scattered across the globe.  For some time, I have had a Facebook account which allowed me to peer into the exciting lives of my friends, their daily activities, trials, and triumphs, and vice versa, they into mine.  After numerous recurring technical issues, accompanied by a disenchantment with the minutia of most of the content posted, I have decided to abandon Facebook altogether.  There are several features that I will miss, but in the end, I think I will be happier with the results.  So, those friends that still wish to know what is going on in my life can keep up with me here. 
We have a very busy year ahead of us, with some great possibilites.  Presently, we are in Southaven, MS, preparing to head across the country next week.  We have had some problems with our water this week.  It was so cold that our water froze inside the trailer.  I am really thankful that the church had a shower, or we would have been a very smelly bunch this week!  It is all thawed out now, and hopefully we can keep it that way.  We are looking forward to being in sunny California in a few weeks!
Today marks our 100th day of school - only 80 more days to go!  Every home-schooling mother rejoices at such milestones!  This will be my last year to have only two in school.  Esther will begin kindergarten next year.  Josiah will be in 5th grade, and Abigail will be in 2nd grade, learning to write in cursive.  I haven't yet steeled myself to begin potty training Daniel, although I think he may be ready.  So many things to do!
I continue to pursue my passion for scrapbooking, although it has been some time since I have completed many pages.  I hope to keep busy recording my memories as we travel.  Abigail is my scrapping buddy - she loves to scrapbook with me, and is developing an eye for a good layout.  Coupons are another huge interest, and a great way to save money!  I get excited about a good deal!
The new year stretches out before me like a race to be won.  I have many goals that I would like to accomplish, many obstacles to those goals, and probably a few delays along the way.  Travel with me and share in the blessings that God brings to my life.

1 comment:

  1. My original comment got lost in the system along with my picture. Maybe that is a good thing! I wish you the best and I am happy to be the first person to comment today. May this be a wonderful, creative outlet for you and a blessing to many. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete