Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Showers of Blessings

We have had  showers of blessings today - both spiritually and literally.  There was a girl saved in the morning service, and a young man who received assurance of his salvation.  What a blessing to see people trust Christ!  We had dinner with the pastor and his family, and as always, had a wonderful time of fellowship with them.  I often wonder what other people think when they see us having such a great time talking about things of the Lord.

The rains came today.  They were gentle showers at first, but later on became heavy rainfall.  The locals are glad for the rain, because they think everything is dry.  It looks lush and green to us, coming from Indiana where the grass is brown, dead and under 6 inches of snow, but we won't argue with them.  I guess the more rain they get, the less they have to worry about fires later on this year.  I am so glad I don't have to deal with weather patterns like that!

I was visiting another great website earlier today.  I highly recommend it to any of you church pianists out there.  He has a great philosophy of music, and the man can "flat play," as we say.  I have several of his recordings and they are all great!  I don't know whether to be inspired to better myself, or to be discouraged because I don't think I will ever be that good as a pianist. :) He has some great tutorials on his website, as well as a blog with some very helpful insights.  I really appreciated his article on the church pianist and boldness.  You can read it for yourself here.  The average church pianist is plagued with fear when they should play with boldness.  I won't preach an entire sermon on here, but I will say, read the article!  I totally agree with him!

Speaking of piano, I miss mine... I have been working on another arrangement this weekend, and I hope to get it on file this week.  That is a rather ambitious goal for me with all the things going on this week, but I would love to get back to the "drawing board."  Well, I need to get going.  It is getting late, even for Pacific Standard Time.  Ta-ta for now!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we are waiting for Book #2 of arrangements! Nice to have you with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete