Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Computer Issues

I was told this morning by my dear husband, that if I valued the things stored on my computer, that I would back them up, and quickly.  This is not on my top ten list of things to hear on a Saturday morning.  Consequently, much of the morning was spent sorting, deleting, and organizing my files and documents.  I had backed up my pictures in March, but seeing that I have 13,000 + photos stored on my computer, I took stock of what I would lose just over the last several months of picture taking.  It was not a good feeling.  I decided to make use of all that unlimited free photo storage that one of my online picture sites offers.  So far, I have only been able to upload about 500 pictures today.  I would have more than that done, except for the fact that the uploading takes so long.  It may take me several days to get is all situated.  Groan...

The pastor's wife, a good friend of mine, took me out for lunch today.  We had a nice time over our burritos, and then ran a few errands.  I really enjoy the fellowship of Christian ladies.  Too many times I get stuck in my own little world with my own problems and forget the greater picture.  It is good to focus on the Lord and what He has done.  It is also nice just to share some adult conversation (mothers, you can insert a hearty AMEN here!).  Tomorrow will be busy, as Sundays always are, but we love it.  Until next time, Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about uploading pictures. I use Google Picasa and bought some extra storage. It takes a long time to get them uploaded and I also have lots of videos I have been working on. But you are smart to do it. One of my kids lost lots of pictures after a hard drive crash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be worth the $55 a year to back up on Carbonite! See you soon!
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete