Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Missions Trip

By the time you read this post, I will be on my way to Guatemala for a week-long missions trip.  It all came about in the most unusual way.  Last December, we were in a church that supports my cousin and her husband in Guatemala.  I commented on the fact that she was my cousin and best friend growing up, and the pastor mentioned that the church was  actually hosting a missions trip to visit them this summer.  I was instantly excited and interested, but the pastor said that there were only twelve slots available , and that they were already filled by church members.  I asked them to let me know if anything changed (i.e. anyone decided not to go, etc.)

To make a long story short, a few months later, they called and said that there had been two cancellations if I still wanted to go.  I wanted to go, but I really didn’t have the finances at that point, and wasn’t sure I could get the money in time to make my reservations.  I shared the opportunity with my mom, who was thrilled for me.  In the end, the Lord provided the money for me to go on the trip, and my mom took the other opening!

I know it will be interesting, since going out of the country anytime is a real experience.  I hope that we see some great things done while we are in Guatemala, and I ask that you pray for safety for the whole team, and for my family as well while I am away. 

I will update you as soon as possible after I return, but since we will be off the grid in New Mexico at camp, it may take a few weeks. 

Spanish Phrases For Dummies (0764572040) cover image

This is the book my mom gave me in honor of the trip.  I really wonder what she is trying to say…

Have you ever been on a missions trip or traveled out of the country?  What was your experience?

1 comment:

  1. You will be changed - I find any time outside of the US makes me more aware of all that I have. It also helps me see the need for the spread of the Gospel. I cannot wait to hear about your experiences!!!

    ReplyDelete