Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Fun with Cupcakes

My two older children had a church activity last week, leaving the younger two sitting at home despondantly.  I had a motherly moment of “Awww… They need to have something special to do while their siblings are bowling and eating pizza.”  I landed on the idea of making cupcakes.  I would allow them to decorate the cupcakes (shudder)  and eat some. 

What excitement reigned when I unveiled my surprise!  I gave them each some icing and sprinkles, and they set to work.

IMG_6939

I had to remind Daniel not to lick the knife…

IMG_6952IMG_6953

Esther was quite good at putting the icing on the cupcakes, but Daniel fretted over getting it on his hands, especially since he was not allowed to lick it off his fingers!

IMG_6949

IMG_6948

IMG_6957

They were not the most artistic cupcakes I have ever seen, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right?

IMG_6965

And they were quite tasty!

IMG_6962IMG_6963

I love the fact that we had a fun time together.  One day, they will all be gone (sniff) and I guess Paul and I will have to make the cupcakes by ourselves! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment