Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vintage Tins

I like vintage things, especially if they are practical and useful.  I am not in the habit of collecting junque just because it comes from a certain era.  I suppose that comes from living in a 36’ travel trailer with five other people.  You just learn to live with the necessities and longingly glance at the “pretties” as you walk past them in the Goodwill, flea markets, and yard sales. 

Mwahahahaha!  Now I have a house!  Look out!  I am on the prowl for those perfect items that will both meet a need and be that perfect piece of eye candy, too.  Not long ago, I found a whole set of vintage kitchen tins at the Goodwill for only $4.  I already had a set of round vintage tins in my kitchen, which I absolutely adore, but with the special food needs of some of our family members, I have more than the usual variety of flours, sugars, and other staples.  I debated on whether or not to get this set of square tins, but in the end, they not only went into my cart, they went home with me.  I love them, too!  I set them on the other end of the counter, and they look as if they have always been there.

606

608

I already posted this picture of my kitchen, but you can see again how nice the tins look on the end of my counter.  The round tins, along with my blue glass canning jars are on the other side of the stove.  A thing of beauty is a joy forever… Ahhhh.

2 comments:

  1. very nice! And yes, they definitely look like they belong on your counter :)

    ReplyDelete