Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Goodbye, Gramy

I received word this week, that my Gramy has gone to be with the Lord.  While it was rather sudden, she had been in poor health for quite some time, and I was not really surprised at the news.  I am glad that I was able to see her a few months ago when our family was in the area.  I will miss the fun-loving, piano-playing, mischievous woman that she was.  I thank the Lord for allowing me to have her in my life and share my husband and children with her. 

Sep 27 2011 003

Here are some pictures of the last time I saw her.  (L to R) My mom, Gramy, and me in her kitchen, a place where many wonderful memories were made and shared.

Sep 27 2011 002

I am glad that my children were able to meet and know their great-grandma for at least a short time.

While I am saddened by her loss, I also know that she is in Heaven, and that I will see her again some day.  She will be reunited with her mother, and also her son—my dad, and my son.  How precious to know that we will all be together again one day, free from pain, sickness, and suffering.  Goodbye, Gramy.  I look forward to seeing you again.  I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    I am so very sorry to hear about your loss and I will be praying for you and your family during this time...

    (hugs)
    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    What a wonderful tribute! Not only was she my mother-in-law, but she was my dear friend. I could not have asked for a better mother-in-law. She taught me so much about cooking, sewing, gardening, and worked hard at getting me under the gospel to be saved. She was a very special lady and I thank the Lord for her! Terri

    ReplyDelete