Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Not Much Here…

You probably have noticed that I haven’t been posting much lately.  That’s because my life has been so BORING!  I wouldn’t want to read about it, if I were you.  It is pretty much the same hum-drum everyday, banal existence of the home-schooling housewife and mother.

 

I have had a few moments of intense excitement this past week.  I was the victim of a “purse snatching” while at Kroger the other night.  I went around 10 pm after church on Wednesday, just picking up a few things for lunch.  I have mentioned how much I love Kroger, and they have a special clearance section that seems to pull me with a force stronger than gravity whenever I go in there.  I was rooting around in the shelves, inwardly exclaiming over the good deals, when I heard the “burglar alarm” on my purse (a metal tag on the outside that clangs in a most annoying manner whenever I move the purse – the result is that I sound like a one-woman band while walking).  I instantly knew that my purse (sitting in the cart behind me) was being touched by someone other than me!  I whirled around and started to punch the man who had his hands on my purse, but stopped short when I saw the smirking face of our pastor!  What a story that would have been!  I would have been a sermon illustration for a long time, I think! :)  However, I think he will think twice about ever touching my purse again!  Not that there is really anything worth stealing in it-it is just the principle of the thing!

 

This week has been rather overcast and at times breaking into torrential downpours.  I was, once again, at Kroger.  I really don’t live there, but sometimes it seems like I do, since it is just next door to us!  I came out with my cart full of groceries in time to see a deluge break forth.  I was only parked a little ways away from the main entrance, but I knew I was going to get very wet.  I gathered my courage, and sprinted into the storm, pushing my loaded cart.  I managed to lose my shoe in a very deep puddle, and had to leave my cart and run back for it.  After it came off a second time, I just threw my sandals into the cart and ran barefoot through the parking lot.  I loaded my groceries in the truck as fast as I could, and then climbed into the driver’s seat soaked to the skin and shivering.  The temperature had dropped, and my short-sleeved tee shirt just wasn’t very warm, especially since there was not a dry spot on it.  Thankfully, I was very close to home, so I was able to get dried out pretty quickly.  My hair was a disaster, though.  It was one of those infrequent good hair days, until the outdoor shower.  Next time, I will just have to make sure that my umbrella is in tow!

1 comment:

  1. Really, Sarah, I would have loved to have seen your reaction to the "theft". . . from a fly-on-the-wall perspective ~ NOT the perpetrator's!

    Sometimes it's a good thing that life is boring.:) Not normal, but good.:)

    ReplyDelete