Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Chase Away the Blahs

I am sometimes stricken with a severe case of what I call "the blahs."  I suppose it could be described as a bad mix of boredom, tedium, and discontentment with my present state - whatever it happens to be at the time.  I find myself getting restless and irritable for no apparent reason.  Of course, the realization of the problem only makes me frustrated, because there is no sense in it!  Many times I think to myself, "Why am I allowing whatever it is to control my life?  Is not Christ greater than any problem I have?"  I have come to realize that it is all in my attitude... that really is a hard confession to make.  The problem is not what is going on around me, it is my own response.  Having said that, I am recovering from my most recent attack of the blahs.  Praise the Lord that His Word confronts and corrects the problem.  I don't have to live in misery if I will just ask for His help.  And when I think about it, most of the time, the things that bother me the most are trifling matters.  I have seen some tremendous answers to prayer just this week!  The Lord's hand is not slack!  Let's reign in those blahs and chase them away by counting the blessings of answered prayer!

I have been praying for some time that our house in Indiana would sell.  It is on the market with a great agent, but the housing market is really struggling right now in our area.  We are scheduled to have an open house this weekend, provided it doesn't rain, and I am hoping that the right person will see our house and love it - enough to buy it!  Please pray with me about this matter.  We really cannot afford to relocate until our house is sold.  The Lord has done great things for us in the past, and He is quite capable of doing more in the future!

1 comment: